- This event has passed.
More Than Words Group
July 13, 2017 @ 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Registration Deadline is March 22
The More Than Words Program is designed specifically for parents of children ages 5 and under on the autism spectrum or presenting with social communication challenges. By addressing the unique needs of these children, the program provides parents with the tools, strategies and support they need to help their children reach their full communication potential. More Than Words does this by empowering you to help your child reach the following three goals:
- Improved social communication and back-and-forth interactions
- Improved play skills
- Improved imitation skills
The More Than Words parent program includes:
- Eight (8) training sessions in small, personalized groups that meet every other week on Thursdays from 5-7:30pm. Groups run from April 6-July 13, 2017.
- A Hanen Certified speech-language pathologist leading the program.
- A pre-program consultation for you and your child with a speech-language pathologist to gain information on your child’s current level of development and to plan out specific goals to work toward through the group.
- Three (3) individual video feedback sessions in which you practice strategies learned during the training sessions with your child. You will then review the videotaped interaction with your speech-language pathologist to “see” what’s helping and what can be modified.
Registration closes on March 15, 2017. For pricing details, registration or to schedule your pre-consultation, please call Linda Bernal before March 15 at 708.236.0979, ext. 3103. Children must be present during the pre-program consultation and video feedback sessions. All group sessions are parents only. Childcare may be available, please inquire upon registration. For more information specifically regarding the program, please contact Emily Vokac M.A., CCC-SLP at email@example.com / 708-236-0979, ext. 3113 or visit: http://www.hanen.org/Programs/For-Parents/More-Than-Words.aspx